February 13, 2020
Start Date: February 10, 2020
Final Price: $450.00 (USD)
Seller Feedback: 1198
Buyer Feedback: 227
Vinyl Me Please Anthology: The Story Of Stax Records (8 LP boxed set, Limited Edition of 1,000 copies)
This set is Out of Print. The box you will receive is NEW and UNOPENED and will be sealed with STAX tape as shown in the photos above. Photos of the contents shown are from another set. Please note the set in the photos is number 960 of 1,000. The set offered in this listing will have a different number in the series.
is the fourth limited edition Anthology issued by Vinyl Me Please (VMP-004). The Story Of
Stax Records: A story told through 8 classic albums from the label's vault, curated by Stax & VMP, was released in January 2020 and limited to 1000 copies which sold out
immediately. This is not a traditional compilation, but instead is comprised of 8 individual LP's pressed on 180g vinyl, at Vinyl Me Please's typical high quality. These LPs were remastered from the original master tapes at Quality Record Pressings in Salina, Kansas.
The LPs are packed in 8 sealed sleeves with two LPs per episode (see photos). Included with the set is a card with instructions to access a specially prepared five episode podcast to accompany this set featuring interviews with some of the artists featured in this set and which will walk you through the selections on each of the LPs in the set. Each episode featured LPs from the following artists: Booker T. & The M.G.'s and Sam & Dave (Episode one), Otis Redding and the Bar-kays (Episode two), Eddie Floyd and Johnny Taylor (Episode three), Albert King and William Bell (Episode four).
Included in this set are:
1. 8 LPs (limited to 1000 sets) on 180 gram audiophile black vinyl, pressed at QRP in Salina, KS. All eight albums were AAA cut from the original tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound.
2. Exclusive Podcast Series: the story of Stax Records from it’s beginning via interviews with the artists that made these eight albums — like David Porter, William Bell, Steve Cropper and Booker T. Jones — and the writer of the best resource on Stax, Robert Gordon.
3. Live Unboxings and AMAs: You’ll receive an invite to connect and ask questions with VMP every week as we unbox each episode and answer any questions you have about the box, and the albums featured within.
4. 8 Liner Note Prints: 12” heavyweight prints featuring frame-worthy artist photos, packaged with each album and thoughtfully written by Robert Gordon, who wrote the bible on Stax records.
5. Premium Commemorative Box: Designed in house at Vinyl Me, Please in the iconic Stax yellow, the heavyweight two-piece slip and slash box is hand-numbered and features the classic Stax finger snap logo and an archival photo of the instantly recognizable Stax marquee.
6. a sweet pair of Stax holiday socks!
7. Stax logo decal
8. Additional Extras: Gain access to exclusive content, bonus podcast episodes, and private
FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING!