March 19, 2017
Start Date: February 20, 2017
Seller Feedback: 2935
Buyer Feedback: 60
Click on photos to enlarge LITTLE WILLIE JOHN
· LITTLE WILLIE JOHN – FEVER – ORIGINAL KING RECORDS MONO LP 564
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· THIS IS THE MONSTROUSLY RARE ORIGINAL “NURSE COVER” VERSION OF THE ALBUM (THE COVER SHOWS A NURSE HOLDING A PATIENT’S CHART WITH A SKYROCKETING FEVER LINE); THIS IS NOT A SECOND, MUCH MORE COMMON, VERSION OF THE COVER WITH LARGE, MULTICOLORED LETTERS
· INSANELY RARE ORIGINAL KING PRESSING – ONE OF THE RAREST RECORDS IN EXISTENCE, AND CERTAINLY ONE OF TOP-20 RAREST R&B ALBUMS EVER RELEASED
· ORIGINAL “CROWNLESS” BLACK KING MONO LABEL WITH SILVER PRINT AND SMALL (1/2-INCH WIDE) LETTERS
· DEEP GROOVE PRESSING
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. STEREO PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· As far as we know, this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other way, manner or format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Record Grade: VG++. Has some light abrasions, but plays like a dream. There are some light crackles in between 3 or 4 songs, but that's it. What an album! Little Willie John sure can sing. (Play graded)
Cover Grade: VG. There is a 1" split at the top. And an 8" split along the bottom and some tape residue as well. Please look closely at pictures. (click on pics to enlarge)
(a) The record has a "deep groove" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the edge of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings).
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its FAKE ("electronically rechannelled") stereo counterpart. We estimate that FAKE stereo copies of this album outnumber monos by a ratio of at least 10:1.
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
We will combine shipping for multiple items. Just ask and we'll quote you a price.