March 19, 2017
Start Date: March 12, 2017
Final Price: $1,225.00 (USD)
Bid Count: 31
Seller Feedback: 21200
Buyer Feedback: 915
<img src= http://pics
WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· ROLLING STONES (WITH GRAM PARSONS ON TWO TRACKS!) - EXILE ON A MAIN STREET – ORIGINAL 1972 ROLLING STONES RECORDS STEREO DOUBLE ALBUM (2-LP SET) LP COC-2-2900
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· *** INSANELY RARE STILL SEALED LP – 100% GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING. NO IFS, ANDS OR BUTS ***
· ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING DISTRIBUTED BY ATLANTIC RECORDS, NOT A REISSUE DISTRIBUTED BY COLUMBIA RECORDS
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL YELLOW “STICKING TONGUE” ROLLING STONES LABEL WITHOUT WEA LOGO ON THE LABEL’ (NO OTHER ATLANTIC-DISTRIBUTED PRESSINGS OR LABELS EXIST)
· *** THE ALBUM DEFINITELY COMES WITH A FULL SET OF 12 BONUS POSTCARDS, SUCH AS THE ONES SHOWN BELOW (FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION) ***
· THE RECORDS COME IN THEIR ORIGINAL, CUSTOM INNER SLEEVES, UNIQUE TO THIS ALBUM (WE KNOW FOR SURE)
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THIS IS THE FIRST, ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE COVER: THIS IS A TRUE UNIPAK COVER (WHERE ONE SIDE OF THE GATEFOLD OPENS, THE OTHER ONE IS A ONE-PLY CARDBOARD), NOT A GATEFOLD-STYLE COVER USED ON SECOND AND LATER PRESSINGS.
· COVER HAS A NIFTY 'HYPE' (ADVERTISEMENT) STICKER STILL AFFIXED TO THE SHRINK WRAP.
· VERY THICK, VERY HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Greeted with decidedly mixed reviews upon its original release, Exile on Main St. has become generally regarded as the Rolling Stones' finest album. Part of the reason why the record was initially greeted with hesitant reviews is that it takes a while to assimilate. A sprawling, weary double album encompassing rock & roll, blues, soul, and country, Exile doesn't try anything new on the surface, but the substance is new. Taking the bleakness that underpinned Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers to an extreme, Exile is a weary record, and not just lyrically. Jagger's vocals are buried in the mix, and the music is a series of dark, dense jams, with Keith Richards and Mick Taylor spinning off incredible riffs and solos. And the songs continue the breakthroughs of their three previous albums. No longer does their country sound forced or kitschy -- it's lived-in and complex, just like the group's forays into soul and gospel. While the songs, including the masterpieces "Rocks Off," "Tumbling Dice," "Torn and Frayed," "Happy," "Let It Loose," and "Shine a Light," are all terrific, they blend together, with only certain lyrics and guitar lines emerging from the murk. It's the kind of record that's gripping on the very first listen, but each subsequent listen reveals something new. Few other albums, let alone double albums, have been so rich and masterful as Exile on Main St., and it stands not only as one of the Stones' best records, but sets a remarkably high standard for all of hard rock.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY STEPHEN THOMAS ERLEWINE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ► for the complete album listing)
This, of course, is the Stones’ classic 1972 album, complete with UNIQUE inner sleeves in a condition you may never – ever! – find again. Hear the Stones squeeze every last ounce of testosterone and adrenaline from great Slim Harpo’s "Hip Shake", and you will know what Rock’n’Roll REALLY is…
Finding a still sealed ORIGINAL pressing of this Rolling Stones MONSTER? Forget it – NOT EVEN A HOPE! We’d be willing to bet that not even Mick “Mr. D." Jagger has one!
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►.
(b) The records DEFINITELY come in their original, custom, inner sleeves which are UNIQUE to this album, SUCH AS THE ONES SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION (WE CAN SEE THEM THROUGH THE SMALL CUTOUT SAW MARK)
(c) The album is believed to include original set of 12 bonus postcards such as those shown below, from our previous auction, SUCH AS THE ONES SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
(d) The records are apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP (A SMALL PIECE OF SHRINK WRAP IS MISSING)
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a small cutout saw-mark (an indent about 3-5 mm long ) on one of its seams.
- Cover has two corners slightly dinged (nothing significant)
- Cover has a light "wrinkle" (crease) in one of the corners. (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging. (nothing significant)
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the top seam (BARELY VISIBLE) (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover has a small crack in the cardboard on the bottom seam (not YET a split seam)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams (yet)
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that ►, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.