December 1, 2019
Start Date: November 24, 2019
Final Price: $797.98 (USD)
Bid Count: 15
Seller Feedback: 24082
Buyer Feedback: 3102
<img src= http://pics
WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 400 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· THE BEATLES - INTRODUCING...THE BEATLES - – ORIGINAL 1964 VEE JAY RECORDS INSANELY RARE ORIGINAL STEREO - ORIGINAL VEE JAY TRUE STEREO LP SR-1062 (1062 ON THE COVER; VJLP-1062 ON THE LABELS)
· (PLEASE NOTE: THE LABELS ON THE RECORD DO NOT SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFY THE RECORD AS STEREO, BUT THE DISC PLAYS ONE OF THE MOST MAJESTIC, GORGEOUS WIDE CHANNEL STEREOS IN THE HISTORY OF RECORDED MUSIC: IF YOU WISH TO, YOU CAN COMPLETELY SEPARATE THE VOCAL TRACK FROM THE RHYTHM SECTION AND LISTEN TO JOHN LENNON DO THE 'TWIST AND SHOUT' ACAPPELLA! THIS IS A TRUE STEREO TO DIE FOR - STRANGELY, IT IS EVEN MORE RAW AND PUNCHY THAN THE ORIGINAL MONO!!!)
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· THIS IS A "VERSION 2" PRESSING OF THE ALBUM WHICH PLAYS 'PLEASE PLEASE ME' AND 'ASK ME WHY INSTEAD IF ;'LOVE ME DO' AND 'P.S. I LOVE YOU')
· According to Wikipedia: "...on 16 January 1964, less than a week after Introducing... The Beatles was released, Vee-Jay was served with a restraining order stopping further distribution. Beechwood Music, Inc., Capitol Records' publishing subsidiary, owned the American publishing rights to "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You", and because the two songs had not yet been officially released in the US, Beechwood refused to issue a license for Vee-Jay to release them. Approximately 80,000 copies of Introducing... The Beatles had been released with the two songs on them, with only 2,000 or so in stereo. To circumvent the restraining order, Vee-Jay quickly reconfigured Introducing... The Beatles. It removed "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You" and replaced them with the previously deleted "Ask Me Why" and "Please Please Me", though some pressings of the album did not alter the track list
· ORIGINAL BLACK VEE JAY LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW”) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE AND “OVAL” VERSION OF THE LABEL (VEE JAY LOGO IS ENCIRCLED BY A WHITE OVAL LINE)
· THICK, HEAVY CARDBOARD COVER WITH PHOTO SLICK PASTED OVER; CLEAR INSCRIPTION OF THE TITLE ON THE COVER; THIS IS THE "TITLES" VERSION OF THE COVER (NOT THE AD-BACK OR BLANK-BACK VERSION)
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE) (THIS IS A MONO COVER WITH THE VEE JAY'S DISTINCT DAY-GLO 'STEREO' STICKER AFFIXED TO THE FRONT PANEL)
· COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL SHRINK (CELLOPHANE) WRAP
· VERY THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THE RECORD HAS A DATE STAMP OF 1-24-1964 HAND-ETCHED IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX)
· THE RECORD HAS 'AUDIOMATRIX' STAMP IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) AREA, WHICH IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED A PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY OF THE FIRST PRESSING.
· This album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other way, manner or format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
'Introducing the Beatles', of course, is the abbreviated version of the U.K. "Please Please Me" album. Capitol had passed on the Beatles for several months, before finally realizing what they had the rights to and elected to license their music starting with the "I Want to Hold Your Hand" single. Before Capitol picked up the first rights option, Beatles music was licensed stateside to a small Chicago-based R&B label, Vee Jay. Originally slated for a July 1963 release, Vee Jay saw little public interest in the previous two singles they released, "Please Please Me" and "From Me to You" and chose to indefinitely delay release of the album. Other small independent labels picked up the licensing option for subsequent Beatle music, such as Swan Records releasing the "She Loves You" single. When Capitol finally took up their first-rights option starting with the "I Want to Hold Your Hand" single and Beatlemania took hold in the U.S., Vee Jay elected to finally release "Introducing the Beatles" in January 1964, choosing to deal with any potential legal consequences later in order to generate immediate revenue.
There are two versions of this album. A publishing dispute led to Vee Jay replacing "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You" with "Please Please Me" and "Ask Me Why" within a couple of months. Consequently, the version with "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You" is the rarer of the two. Legal battles between Vee Jay and Capitol over 1964 finally resulted in a settlement where Vee Jay could continue to issue the album until October of that year, upon which the rights would revert back to Capitol. Capitol would go on to issue "The Early Beatles" in 1965, a further abbreviation of the British parent album. In fact, two songs from the UK "Please Please Me" wouldn't even be issued by Capitol on an LP until the 1980s.
Since "Introducing the Beatles" was cancelled, the album has been heavily counterfeited over the years, usually mastered from needledrop recordings of the originals, sounding quite inferior and tinny. Authentic Vee Jay releases, especially in mono, have a noticeably warm and loud sound; authenic stereo copies are true stereo mixes from the U.K. album. Also, no stereo version of a fake exists; although some covers of fakes say stereophonic across the top, all fakes are in mono.
There is much, much more to the story behind this album; more than I can provide here in the space given me to write this review. Bruce Spizer and Frank Daniels have done immense research and wrote excellent books on this album as well as the history of Vee Jay Records; highly recommended materials if you're interested in acquiring a copy of this album. There are also very good websites that offer a tutorial on how to tell a legitimate copy from a fake.
In the CD age, this album is unnecessary. On vinyl, it's a priceless artifact that will be a key part of your collection. Get both versions if you can.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY RUSSELL NEWTON, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
Who would have thought 56 years ago that an album by the four obscure Brits from a run-down port city where God said good night and fare-thee-well would make such a galactic impact on the world of Rock music - actually music, in general - and become one of the record collectors' most coveted prizes? Well, here it is, in all its glory, the very first pressing of this album. Or, let me rephrase myself: THE GENUINE first pressing of this album, in GLORIOUS STEREO, on a "colorband" Vee-Jay label. All the elements of the genuine "Introducing the Beatles" album are here: Crisp and clear contours of the Fab Four on the front cover; nice and clearly legible spine with the title and serial number inscription; short dead wax (trail-off vinyl), Audiomatrix stamp in dead wax; title and name of the band BOTH above the spindle hole, dark cardboard on which the cover was pasted, etc. This is ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED first pressing of this album.
A NOTE OF CAUTION: COUNTERFEIT STEREO COPIES OF THIS ALBUM ARE DIME-A-DOZEN AND OUTNUMBER GENUINE ARTICLES BY A RATIO OF NEARLY 500: 1. PRACTICALLY EVERY SINGLE STEREO COPY WE HAVE SEEN IN THE 48 YEARS OF COLLECTING WAS A COUNTERFEIT OF ONE KIND OR ANOTHER. IN HIS 5/28/2008 ARTICLE IN THE 'COLLECTOR'S CORNER',THE LEGENDARY BEATLES EXPERT AND GURU BRUCE SPIZER ELABORATES ON HOW TO IDENTIFY GENUINE, AUTHENTIC COPIES OF 'INTRODUCING THE BEATLES' AND PROVIDES A DETAILED LAUNDRY LIST OF ELEMENTS TO BE CHECKED FOR AUTHENTICITY. WE ASSURE THE PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS THAT OUR COPY MEETS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SPIZER'S AUTHENTICITY CRITERIA. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND WE WILL GLADLY AND PROMPTLY PROMPT ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU MAY REQUIRE. . A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY WILL BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST.
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
· THE RECORD
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VG++. A few light abrasions ARE VISIBLE, but they appear fairly insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve (a little discombobulated, but essentially whole and complete)
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Stereo pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its mono counterpart. The mix is more graphic, the sound resolution more precise, and the channel separation (which does not exist on mono version) adds a whole new dimension to the music. Also, the stereo mixes are (by definition) somewhat different than on the mono version. We estimate that mono copies of this album outnumber stereo copies by a ratio of at least 100:1.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· THE COVER
COVER IS (WEAK) NEAR MINT, STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP (A SMALL PIECE OF SHRINK WRAP IS MISSING)
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some tiny, faint writing on its back side (a microscopic price code written in one corner in one small area not covered by the shrink wrap (nothing significant)
- Cover has a small original $2.98 price sticker in the same area
- A minor, faint greasy stain noted on the back panel (less than 1¼ square inch in size)
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
- Cover has one corner slightly worn / frayed / bent (just a beginning of the split seam)
- Cover has a minor 'bump' (dent) on the opening side (nothing significant) (VISIBLE ON FRONT SIDE ONLY)
NO OTHER VISIBLE FLAWS OR IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND (BUT DO NOT INSIST) that you select USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
FINE (BUT IMPORTANT!) PRINT
(1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar, subtitle bar or item specifics box alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. ever, under any circumstances. We can ONLY cancel bids before the item closes. (4) We are unable to cancel bids in the final 12 hours of the auction; if you need to do so, please contact eBay for help (5) We are unable to provide matrix-, stamper- or other pressing information in the final 24 hours of the auction. If you require this information, please contact us well before the final day of the auction. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. (7) All Paypal payments must be made from confirmed Paypal shipping addresses. NO third party shipping addresses will be honored (8) Absolutely NO partial refunds: if you are unhappy with the merchandise you received, please return it for a full refund, postage included (9). Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious. (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night!
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.