March 12, 2018
Start Date: March 2, 2018
Seller Feedback: 171
Buyer Feedback: 176
In recognition of the album's 40th Anniversary, I've decided to pass along this extremely unique item. This is a rare opportunity to acquire this super-scarce and complete official press package that was created by Elektra Records in 1977 to launch the release of Queen's 6th album, the highly-regarded News Of The World. It has been safely tucked away in my personal collection since new.
Included in this deluxe collection is:
- A factory-sealed copy of the News Of The World LP
- The Official International Queen Fan Club Biography - a 24-page, full-color guide to the group with bios, tour history, etc.
- Seven glossy 8x10" black & white publicity photos taken by noted photographer Christopher Hopper
- Five "Queen News" double-sided press releases from the Press Relations Department of Elektra, featuring topics such as The Making of The Album/Album Cover, Staging, The Year in Review, and more, on custom stationary
- A "News Of The World" broadsheet featuring album info, upcoming tour dates, a discography, and more
- A pair of 6.5" x 3.5" stickers of the front and back cover
The disc itself is the earliest US pressing and presumed mint. The sleeve is also impeccable, with straight edges and sharp corners. It has a drill hole on the upper left.
The other materials are in exemplary condition, having been minimally handled over the past forty years. The publicity stills are slightly curled from storage, but can be easily flattened.
The contents are contained in a custom cardboard picture box with an over flap. The box shows some edge/shelf wear and some stress/crease marks, but is still in remarkably good condition.
Please refer to pics for further detail.
I have seen a few other examples of this package sold in the recent past but none approach the condition of this one - or feature a sealed copy of the LP. Still, pricing this item properly is a challenge so don't be reluctant to make an offer.
Sealed items are sold "as is" and cannot be returned if opened.
Thanks for looking!