April 6, 2021
Start Date: April 4, 2021
Final Price: £225.00 (GBP)
Seller Feedback: 690
Buyer Feedback: 748
Welcome to this listing:
Potentially a final upgrade copy of the first Led Zeppelin album. Plays beautifully and in first issue (except for the turquoise) sleeve with grey stripe at the base. Great copy!
Sleeve: Despite being quite a flimsy production and prone to laminate lifting and creasing, this is a very close to Excellent copy with very little signs of handling or storage.
Inner: Original inner sleeve, white with blue lettering and 1270 date stamp. VG+
Vinyl: Looks to have seen very little play and the audio is fantastic. Excellent throughout with beautiful, clean labels with barely any spindle trails. As previously mentioned, a potential final upgrade which will be difficult to top. Under close scrutiny there are a couple of light marks but the overall sense is of a beautifully fresh playing surface.
Side 1: 588171 (crossed out and re-etched 8) A//1 1 3
Side 2: 588171 (crossed out and re-etched 8) B//1 1 3 2 2
We try to be as clear as possible in descriptions and any given gradings so buyers receive what they expect. Please read descriptions carefully and view the accompanying photos.
• In the unusual event that you are disappointed with your purchase, we make the returns procedure hassle free (and fully participate in the eBay money back guarantee). Please therefore bid or buy with confidence.
• All vinyl is supplied with a brand new polylined inner sleeve and a brand new 'clear glass' plastic cover for protection.
• All components are separated before packing to avoid seam splits.
• Quality bespoke record mailers with additional card stiffeners are used for packing.
• We play test some records fully and all records partially (due to time constraints) and focus on any areas where there are marks or wear on the surface, noting where these present a deterioration in the audio.
• We don't currently have a high spec player (We use a vintage 70's Sansui SR-212 with a new stylus) and don't use Mint as a grading.
We appreciate that while the condition of the sleeves can be clearly seen on the photos, it is often difficult to pick up any marks on the playing surface or labels. Therefore, here is a general grading guide as to what to expect from our vinyl:
NM (Near Mint): appears barely played. There will be no visible spindle trails on the labels.
EX (Excellent): a really solid copy with no visible marks except light lines under bright light. Plays well with no lessening of sound quality on our player. May be a handful of spindle trails but no evidence of anything other than light previous use.
VG+ (Very Good Plus): May have one or two visible marks but still plays with strong audio, maybe some non invasive static/crackle in places but no repeating clicks. May have more spindle trails around the central hole hinting at fairly regular previous play.
VG (Very Good): The record will have some deterioration to the audio which may impact the listening enjoyment in some but not all areas. Maybe caused by light scratches or scuffs, these will be visible without the aid of bright light. There will be no jumps or loops. A larger number of spindle trails may be in evidence around the central aperture.