April 15, 2018
Start Date: April 5, 2018
Final Price: $553.00 (USD)
Bid Count: 29
Seller Feedback: 22302
Buyer Feedback: 503
<img src= http://pics
WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE SHIPPING TERMS FOR THIS LP BOX SET, AS OUR SHIPPING TERMS FOR THIS ITEM DIFFER FROM OUR OTHER AUCTIONS.
· THE BEATLES – THE BEATLES COLLECTION (A 14-LP/13-ALBUM BOX SET) - EMI/Parlophone STEREO LP SET BC-13/OC162-53163/53167 (ALSO KNOWN AS THE 'BLUE BOX') – ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL 1978 BRITISH RELEASE (THIS IS NOT AMERICAN, SWEDISH OR AUSTRALIAN PRESSING)
· ORIGINAL U.K. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL BLACK, SILVER AND WHITE PARLOPHONE LABELS WITH TWO (2) EMI BOXES ON THE LABEL (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PRESSING, NOT A REISSUE)
· BETWEEN THESE 13 LP ALBUMS, THIS BOX SET CONTAINS VIRTUALLY THE ENTIRE RECORDED BEATLES STUDIO OUTPUT 1962-1970; ONLY THE SCATTERED SINGLES, B-SIDES AND 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR' ARE MISSING
· ALL ALBUMS WITH EXTRAS (‘SGT. PEPPER’ AND ‘WHITE ALBUM’) COME WITH THEIR ORIGINAL INSERTS: SGT. PEPPER CUTOUT INSERT (FOUND IN SGT. PEPPER) IS INCLUDED, AND FOUR BONUS COLOR PHOTOS WITH A LARGE POSTER (FOUND IN THE ‘WHITE ALBUM) ARE LIKEWISE INCLUDED; THE VERSION OF THE WHITE ALBUM POSTER INCLUDED HERE IS HISTORICALLY ACURATE ‘UNCENSORED’ UK VERSION, NOT THE “NEUTERED” AMERICAN VERSION; THE 'WHITE ALBUM' IS EMBOSSED (THE TITLE IS 'RAISED') BUT NOT INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED.
· ALL ALBUMS IN THIS BOX ARE BRITISH VERSIONS (NOT AMERICAN); WHEREVER AN ALBUM WAS ISSUED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ATLANTIC WITH IDENTICAL TITLE, IT IS FEATURED HERE IN BRITISH VERSION, WITH BRITISH MIXES AND BRITISH TRACK SEQUENCE (‘ A HARD DAY’S NIGHT’, ‘HELP’, ‘RUBBER SOUL’ AND ‘REVOLVER’
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. RELEASE / U.K. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING
· .ORIGINAL, 2.½-INCH THICK CARDBOARD BOX
· ORIGINAL "TEXTURED" (LEATHER-LIKE) SLIPCASE (BOX)
· FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 6.
· ALL ORIGINAL ANALOG PRESSINGS
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVERS, LABELS OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
The Beatles Collection is a boxed set of vinyl albums released in the United States in November 1978 and the following month in the United Kingdom containing the official catalogue of The Beatles in stereo, and a new compilation called Rarities. The American issue by Capitol Records contained the British pressings of the same 12 original Beatles albums, with an American pressing of Rarities. The American pressing of Rarities differed from its British counterpart in that it included the previously released English-language versions of "She Loves You" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand," rather than the German-language version found on the British pressing. The American edition of the boxed set was a limited edition of only 3,000 numbered copies. The limited availability of the American release resulted in the British release becoming popular as an import into the US.
The boxed set did not include some of Beatles recordings, including those released on the Magical Mystery Tour album. The album had been released in the United States in 1967, but it was not counted among the group's official catalogue because it was not issued in the United Kingdom until 1976. The collection also failed to include the non-album singles that had been previously released on the twin compilation packages, 1962–1966 and 1967–1970.
Along with the LPs listed below with their sleeves, the collection also include the inserts contained in the individual albums including the cardboard cutout sheet in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and the photos and poster in The Beatles.
Audiophile company Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab released a similar boxed set in 1981 called The Beatles: The Collection consisting of the 12 British versions of the albums (Rarities was not included, but Magical Mystery Tour was), pressed off the original Abbey Road studio master tapes (except for MMT) using a technique called "Half Speed Mastering" and pressed on Japanese "virgin" vinyl. The set was highly acclaimed for its sonic accuracy and only approximately 25,000 were released. In this case, the actual covers for each album was a photo of the studio master tape along with the engineer's log sheet. The original album covers were put together in a full-sized booklet.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW IN WIKIPEDIA.ORG)
A set of the Beatles' twelve British studio albums (THE COMPLETE STUDIO DISCOGRAPHY, MINUS NON-ALBUM SINGLES) plus one additional record Rarities of selected tracks many of which had never been issued on any U.S. LP before. All albums were pressed on their original labels (EMI/Parlophone or Apple) and with their original catalog numbers. All records were packaged in their original covers and with their original enclosures (Sgt. Pepper's cut-out sheet The Beatles four glossies and one poster.) The LPs are encased in a blue textured cardboard box with a fold-open top. The set's title and facsimiles of the Beatles autographs were embossed on the front of the box in gold lettering. The set containes:
· 1 - Please Please Me
· 2 - With The Beatles
· 3 - A Hard Day's Night
· 4 - Beatles For Sale
· 5 - Help!
· 6 - Rubber Soul
· 7 – Revolver
· 8 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
· 9 - The Beatles (White Album)
· 10 - Yellow Submarine
· 11 - Abbey Road
· 12 - Let It Be
· 13 – Rarities
· PLEASE NOTE: YOU MAY NOTICE THAT ‘MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR’ IS MISSING. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE THIS SET IS INCOMPLETE (ALL VOLUMES ARE INCLUDED HERE, NOTHING IS MISSING) BUT BECAUSE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR WAS NOT ORIGINALLY ISSUED IN THE GREAT BRITAIN AS A 12-INCH LP ALBUM UNTIL MANY YEARS LATER (IT WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED AS A DOUBLE EP), SO ITS INCLUSION IN THE BEATLES LP COLLECTION WAS APPARENTLY CONSIDERED TO BE OUT OF PLACE, PROMPTING EMI/PARLOPHONE NOT TO INCLUDE IT IN THIS SET.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG NEAR MINT. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new. The records do not appear to have been played much - if at all - over the past 40 years. No spindle mark to be found anywhere!
(b) The records are apparently pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(c) All records come in their original "Made in England" stock inner sleeves
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
(e) All bonuses and extras ARE included. For example, Sgt. Pepper should come with its original cutout insert. The White Album does have BOTH poster AND the four bonus photos (we can see the poster tucked into the still sealed album, while the photos are attached as a separate insert to the set).. The only thing missing is Sgt. Pepper’s custom “psychedelic” inner sleeve, which we understand was NOT originally included in the original package for some reason.
· THE INDIVIDUAL ALBUM COVERS (EIGHT LAMINATED; FOUR GLOSSY, ONE ONLY AS INNER SLEEVE)
THE COVERS ARE MOSTLY NEAR MINT; THE MOST COMMON FLAW FOUND ON THE JACKETS ARE THE MINOR WRINKLES ALONG THE SEAMS; 'RARITIES' VOLUME HAS NEGLIGIBLE TRACE OF RING WEAR; A FEW VOLUMES (PLEASE PLEASE ME; WHITE ALBUM; YELLOW SUBMARINE) HAVE CRACKS IN THE TOP SEAMS; THE SEAMS ARE JUST BEGINNING TO SEPARATE; OTHERWISE IMPECCABLE.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL JACKETS/SLEEVES
· SLIPCASE (CARDBOARD BOX); THIS SET COMES IN A 2.½-INCH THICK CARDBOARD SLIPCASE WITH REMOVABLE LID
THE TEXTURED, LEATHER-LIKE SLIPCASE IS IN VERY GOOD++ TO EXCELLENT CONDITION; TRACE AMOUNT OF RING WEAR (VIRTUALLY NEGLIGIBLE) NOTED; ONE VISIBLE 3/8-INCH DENT NOTED ON THE LID OF THE BOX (VISIBLE ON FRONT SIDE ONLY; NO PIECE OF THE CARDBOARD IS MISSING); SMALL TAPE RESIDUE STAIN NOTED ON THE BOTTOM SIDE (WHICH CAN PROBABLY BE REMOVED WITH A MINOR EFFORT), AND A SMALL COUNTRY OF ORIGIN STICKER (MADE IN ENGLAND) STICKER NOTED ON THE BACK PANEL.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE EMBOSSED CARDBOARD SLIPCASE
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Please check international postage rate for your country (at the top of the auction page, under the 'shipping' tab) BEFORE placing a bid;
BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE WEIGHT, THIS 14-LP BOX SET WILL BE INVOICED AND SHIPPED SEPARATELY FROM ANY OTHER ITEMS AND SHIPPING WILL NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER ITEM
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that ►, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.